Our Athlete Support Programme means we can support a number of highly successful rowers each year as they aim towards representing Great Britain on an international basis.
If you meet the eligibility criteria for rowing in the Home International Regatta, as well as the criteria below, we welcome you to apply for funding.
Please find here our detailed information on criteria here.
Level 2 Support Package
The Level 2 Support Package includes:
- An open invitation to Start training sessions in Cardiff
- The right to request access to physio screening/treatment and performance lifestyle support
- The right to request equipment loan
- The right to request financial support to lessen the costs of GB Rowing Team (GBRT) representation
- A kit package including hat, t-shirt, hoodie and water bottle
Level 3 Support Package
The Level 3 Support Package includes:
- Free usage of the gym and cardio gym at Sport Wales National Centre
- The right to request support services including physiotherapy, nutrition, performance lifestyle, physiology, psychology, strength and conditioning, either online or in person
- The right to request financial support
- The right to request equipment loans
- Open additional support request for any other items that may help in reaching the GBRT
- A kit package including all Level 2 kit plus AIO, leggings and a tech top
Please note that the amount of support available depends on the number of applicants and resources available in a given year.
Examples of previously supported athletes:
- Beccy Muzerie
- Tom Barras
- Angharad Broughton
- Joshua Bugajski
- Benjamin Pritchard
If you think you could reach the standard to become a supported athlete please follow the process here.