Wales will send teams to the Home International Regatta in 2022 for both river and beach sprints, as the 2020 and 2021 events were cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Home International Rowing Regatta (HIR-R)
The Home International Regatta is an event contested by Wales, Ireland, Scotland and England, in both senior and junior teams. The event has a long history and developed from the Empire Games.
Welsh Rowing is responsible for the selection and delivery of a team to the event each July.
The next Home International Regatta will be hosted by England in Docklands on the 23rd July 2022.
To represent Wales at the Home International Regatta you must fulfil one of the requirements below and be able to provide evidence in support of your eligibility:
- Having been born in Wales.
- Having a parent or Grandparent born in Wales.
- Having resided for not less than six consecutive months in Wales and having been a member of a rowing club therein during that time.
- Where a rower lives in Home Country A and rows in Home Country B actively for more than six months that athlete may opt once to row for either country.
- Where a rower has competed for Wales before.
- Having been educated in country for 5 years at primary and/or secondary level
The Senior selection policy can be found here.
The appeals policy for HIR-R 2022 is available here.
Home International Rowing Beach Sprints (HIR-BS)
This event is due to be held at St Andrews, Scotland on 20th August 2022. The Selection Policy for Team Wales is now released.
The Commonwealth Regatta is due to be held in 2022 as a beach sprints event. Once the Commonwealth Rowing Federation has confirmed the event details, we will post them here.