Performance > Rowing for Wales
Rowing for Wales
Wales will send teams to the Home International Regatta and Commonwealth Regatta in 2018.
Home International Regatta
The Home International Regatta 2018 will be held in Cork on 21st July 2018.
To represent Wales at the Home International Regatta you must fulfil one of the requirements below and be able to provide evidence in support of your eligibility:
- Having been born in Wales.
- Having a parent or Grandparent born in Wales.
- Having resided for not less than six consecutive months in Wales and having been a member of a rowing club therein during that time.
- Where a rower lives in Home Country A and rows in Home Country B actively for more than six months that athlete may opt once to row for either country.
- Where a rower has competed for Wales before.
- Having been educated in country for 5 years at primary and/or secondary level
Registration for Juniors: https://form.jotformeu.com/72342047537354
Registration for Seniors: https://form.jotformeu.com/72342433937357
The 2018 Commonwealth Regatta will be held on 17/18 August at Sandbank in Dorset. This will take the form of a coastal sculling team and will be a team of 2 men, 2 women and 1 cox/coach. The selection policy and registration details are available here.
The last commonwealth regatta was held in Glasgow in 2014.
Wales achieved 4th place overall including
Gold - Women’s Single 500m, Mixed Eight 1500m
Silver - Lwt Women’s Single 1500m, Men’s Double Scull 500m, Men’s Double Scull 1500m, Men’s Single 500m
Bronze - Women’s Single 1500m, Men’s Single 1500m, Women’s Double Scull 500m, Women’s Pair 1500m, Lwt Women’s Single 500m
The Welsh 2014 Team:
Josh Bugajski, Tom Clark, Matt Hnatiw, Pete Robinson, Jack Thomas, Becca Chin, Gemma Hall, Megan Jackson, Helen Roberts, Bethan Walters